Monday, July 12, 2010

Vegan Pizza

So first of all, let me apologize for a general lack of pictures here but that should let anyone know that this recipe goes by really quickly and is so easy that it would be nearly redundant for me to include multiple pictures of chopped vegetables and more chopped vegetables. That's really all this is though is chopped vegetables. Luckily though, they taste excellent and the overall is certainly reminiscent of a pizza. I am by no means vegan but I do enjoy having vegan meals every once in a while. I am a huge proponent for eggs and cheese and so are the many people I have made this for but you don't really miss them at all in this. The flavor of fresh roasted vegetables with a nice hummus is good enough for anyone. recipe after the jump of course.

Well here is the recipe. I don't actually know where it originates. My mom used to make it and I loved it so I kind of just messed around with what I remembered of the taste to get this.

what you'll need:
1 zucchini sliced
5-6 porcini mushrooms sliced
2 roma tomatoes diced
1 mini can of corn or half of a whole can
2 shallots chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
6 tortillas about 6 inches in diameter white or whole wheat
hummus of any flavor (my favorite is roasted red pepper)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Chop up all of the vegetables (the first 5 ingredients) and put into an 8x8 inch glass baking pan. toss the vegetables with olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper and then put into the oven for forty minutes.

2. With about ten minutes left for the vegetables to cook, place the tortillas on a cookie sheet and put in the oven to crisp them up. this should take 5-10 minutes. They are quite temperamental so be sure to check on them frequently so they don't burn.

3. Spread about a tablespoon of hummus on each of the tortillas and then top each one with a sixth of the vegetable mixture. Use a pizza cutter to cut the tortillas into four wedges then serve as you would pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...